US PVC prices ease down in Turkey, Egypt
In Turkey, American PVC k67 prices were pegged at $860-880/ton CIF, subject to 6.5% customs duty and 18.81% ADD, cash equivalent, $5-20/ton below last week. A buyer commented, “We felt that US prices were not as strong as before.” A trader, meanwhile, said, “US PVC makers are also set for a firm start to 2017 based upon the higher energy complex.” Higher spot ethylene prices in the US supported this view, as they were up by around $16/ton (0.75 cent/lb) on the week.
Similarly, import US PVC offers were down for the second week in a row and posted a decline of $5-20/ton from last week in Egypt. Import PVC offers were pegged at $870-900/ton CIF Egypt, 180 days deferred payment, around $845-874/ton on cash equivalent basis. Players blamed slow market activity in the US due to the year-end for suppliers’ price decreases on their export offers.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Local PP, PE offers for July track global uptrend in Saudi Arabia
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?