US PVC prices for April emerge higher in Thailand
He commented, “We had secured some US PVC in January at $675/ton CIF, cash and we are now waiting our cargoes to arrive. We received a higher offer from our US supplier for April. Therefore, we are planning to sell our US PVC quotas at the most recent market levels once we receive them. Our customers may be reluctant to accept higher prices at first, but we believe that they will agree to purchase from us once local producers announce their April PVC prices, which we expect to come with increases owing to producers’ limited quotas stemming from tight ethylene supplies.”
In Thailand, overall import PVC prices are currently reported at $780-800/ton on a CIF, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns