US PVC prices for April emerge higher in Thailand
He commented, “We had secured some US PVC in January at $675/ton CIF, cash and we are now waiting our cargoes to arrive. We received a higher offer from our US supplier for April. Therefore, we are planning to sell our US PVC quotas at the most recent market levels once we receive them. Our customers may be reluctant to accept higher prices at first, but we believe that they will agree to purchase from us once local producers announce their April PVC prices, which we expect to come with increases owing to producers’ limited quotas stemming from tight ethylene supplies.”
In Thailand, overall import PVC prices are currently reported at $780-800/ton on a CIF, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Upward trend gains momentum in China's import PP, PE markets
- Egypt’s import PVC market in short supply; local prices gear up
- December hints at further hikes in Europe’s PS, ABS markets
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF