US PVC prices for April emerge higher in Thailand
He commented, “We had secured some US PVC in January at $675/ton CIF, cash and we are now waiting our cargoes to arrive. We received a higher offer from our US supplier for April. Therefore, we are planning to sell our US PVC quotas at the most recent market levels once we receive them. Our customers may be reluctant to accept higher prices at first, but we believe that they will agree to purchase from us once local producers announce their April PVC prices, which we expect to come with increases owing to producers’ limited quotas stemming from tight ethylene supplies.”
In Thailand, overall import PVC prices are currently reported at $780-800/ton on a CIF, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record
- China PP, PE markets close 2020 on a soft note; SE Asia feels pressure
- Stats: China’s total PE imports down for 2nd month in November