US Vinmar acquires controlling interest in Turkey's Veser Kimya
Veser Kimya is a leading specialty chemicals distributor in Turkey, being founded in 1988. It serves more than 1200 regular customers on cosmetics, detergent, paint and coatings, and textile industries among others and operates four warehouses in Istanbul, Izmir and Adana. The company targets revenue of more than 200 million TL ($52 million) in 2017.
With this purchase, Vinmar entered into specialty chemicals distribution, marking a significant step in the company’s expansion and product diversification plans as a part of its growth strategy in the distribution space.
However, the value of the acquisition was not disclosed.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June
- May PP, PE offers to Mid-East, Africa remain stable to firm
- Global energy producers report lower Q1 results amid volatile crude prices