US Vinmar acquires controlling interest in Turkey's Veser Kimya
Veser Kimya is a leading specialty chemicals distributor in Turkey, being founded in 1988. It serves more than 1200 regular customers on cosmetics, detergent, paint and coatings, and textile industries among others and operates four warehouses in Istanbul, Izmir and Adana. The company targets revenue of more than 200 million TL ($52 million) in 2017.
With this purchase, Vinmar entered into specialty chemicals distribution, marking a significant step in the company’s expansion and product diversification plans as a part of its growth strategy in the distribution space.
However, the value of the acquisition was not disclosed.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Global PET markets surge on heels of costs, tightness
- SE Asia PP uptrend fueled by China’s strong return
- US PE offers back in the game in global markets
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise to 5-month high in October
- Oct PE pricing under discussion amid rising costs, tepid demand in Europe
- Crude at multi-year highs contributes to a perfect storm in polymers
- An enduring challenge: Unprecedented times in PVC markets
- Saudi major opts for firm Oct pricing in both local and export polyolefin markets
- Coal prices hit record highs in China with knock-on effects for PP, PVC markets
- European PP players foresee stability for Oct despite higher propylene