US Vinmar acquires controlling interest in Turkey's Veser Kimya
Veser Kimya is a leading specialty chemicals distributor in Turkey, being founded in 1988. It serves more than 1200 regular customers on cosmetics, detergent, paint and coatings, and textile industries among others and operates four warehouses in Istanbul, Izmir and Adana. The company targets revenue of more than 200 million TL ($52 million) in 2017.
With this purchase, Vinmar entered into specialty chemicals distribution, marking a significant step in the company’s expansion and product diversification plans as a part of its growth strategy in the distribution space.
However, the value of the acquisition was not disclosed.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops
- Tight supply keeps expectations bullish in Turkey’s PVC market
- End of China’s ‘zero-COVID’ stance: Double-edged sword for Asia PVC, PP and PE markets