US Vinmar acquires controlling interest in Turkey's Veser Kimya
Veser Kimya is a leading specialty chemicals distributor in Turkey, being founded in 1988. It serves more than 1200 regular customers on cosmetics, detergent, paint and coatings, and textile industries among others and operates four warehouses in Istanbul, Izmir and Adana. The company targets revenue of more than 200 million TL ($52 million) in 2017.
With this purchase, Vinmar entered into specialty chemicals distribution, marking a significant step in the company’s expansion and product diversification plans as a part of its growth strategy in the distribution space.
However, the value of the acquisition was not disclosed.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Non-European PPBC offers at aggressive levels add to bearishness in Italy
- Correction: China, SEA PE markets continue downtrend as Nov ends, what lies ahead in Dec?
- Europe’s dumping case on US and Egyptian PVC: A look at early reactions and possible impacts on trade flows
- Aggressive US PE prices find way to Türkiye, Africa amid year-end stock clearing
- PLAST EURASIA 2023: Players discuss PP, PE outlook amid financial challenges
- Stats: India’s Jan-Sep PVC imports surge, China takes the lion’s share despite safeguard investigation
- Sentiment weakens across African PP, PE markets in November
- HDPE film drops faster than other two main PE film grades in China
- PE prices see larger drops than C2 in Italy, unlike West Europe
- Weak demand sends Türkiye’s styrenics markets to multi-month lows