US Westlake to expand ethylene capacity in Kentucky
Following the expansion, the company’s ethylene capacity in Calvert City will increase by 70 million pounds/year (approximately 31,752 tons/year) initially, with incremental increases pushing the total expansion size up to 100 million pounds (approximately 45,360 tons) per year during the first half of 2017.
Meanwhile, Westlake is also planning to expand the ethylene capacity of its Petro 1 facility in Lake Charles, Louisiana, planning to add 250 million pounds/year (approximately 113,400 tons/year) to the existing capacity. The company is expected to begin expansion at the site in the second quarter of 2016.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion