US and EU extend sanctions over Russia
“Since the Minsk agreement, an agreement to halt the war in the Donbass region of Ukraine, will not be fully implemented by 31 December 2015, the duration of the sanctions has been prolonged whilst the Council continues its assessment of progress in implementation,” the European Council reported in a joint statement at its official website on December 21.
Meanwhile, the US also tightened its sanctions against Russia stemming from its intervention in Ukraine. On December 22, the US Treasury Department reported extending financial restrictions on 34 additional people and entities for helping Russian and Ukrainian companies evade US penalties.
The department stated that the sanctions would stay in effect until Russia fully implements its commitments under the Minsk agreement.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Shipping costs show no sign of abating yet
- PP, PE gains extend into April but demand slips further in Africa
- Triple-digit hikes send Europe’s PP market to fresh all-time highs
- Turkey’s PET markets extend drops into April, pervaded by weak demand
- US PVC offers resurface at competitive levels in Egypt, Turkey
- China import PE prices extend losses into April on lower costs
- Bullish price environment continues in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Unexpected plant shutdown fails to cease local PP downturn in Indonesia
- Export PVC prices out of China provide competitive edge
- European PP, PE set for 6th bullish month, is peak near?