US and EU extend sanctions over Russia
“Since the Minsk agreement, an agreement to halt the war in the Donbass region of Ukraine, will not be fully implemented by 31 December 2015, the duration of the sanctions has been prolonged whilst the Council continues its assessment of progress in implementation,” the European Council reported in a joint statement at its official website on December 21.
Meanwhile, the US also tightened its sanctions against Russia stemming from its intervention in Ukraine. On December 22, the US Treasury Department reported extending financial restrictions on 34 additional people and entities for helping Russian and Ukrainian companies evade US penalties.
The department stated that the sanctions would stay in effect until Russia fully implements its commitments under the Minsk agreement.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand