US and EU extend sanctions over Russia
“Since the Minsk agreement, an agreement to halt the war in the Donbass region of Ukraine, will not be fully implemented by 31 December 2015, the duration of the sanctions has been prolonged whilst the Council continues its assessment of progress in implementation,” the European Council reported in a joint statement at its official website on December 21.
Meanwhile, the US also tightened its sanctions against Russia stemming from its intervention in Ukraine. On December 22, the US Treasury Department reported extending financial restrictions on 34 additional people and entities for helping Russian and Ukrainian companies evade US penalties.
The department stated that the sanctions would stay in effect until Russia fully implements its commitments under the Minsk agreement.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- HDPE fails to track firmer trend of LD, LLDPE in Europe
- China’s ABS market on soft path dragged by subdued demand
- Softening trend prevails in SEA PP market as virus fears dampen sentiment
- Chinese producers cut PET offers further amid coronavirus outbreak
- Oil and petchem companies’ earnings hit by falling margins in 2019
- Will February PP hikes prove workable in Europe?
- Turkish players question future outlook as import PP, PE prices see 6-month highs
- Asian PVC markets stay strong as tightness overshadows virus fears
- SEA LLDPE market sees fresh hikes despite virus-hit sentiment across Asia
- Turkey’s overall polymer imports resume growth in 2019