US announces preliminary ADD decision on PET imports
Accordingly, the Department of Commerce affirmed that the exporters from China, India, Korea, and Taiwan have sold their products at less than fair value.
As a result of the aforementioned decision, the department calculated a preliminary dumping rate in the range of 2.66%-170.92% for China, 0.66%-15.66% for India, 0%-45.23% for South Korea and 0%-48.86% for Taiwan, depending on the company. Based on these preliminary rates, the U.S. Customs and Border Protection is expected to collect cash deposits.
The Commerce will announce its final determinations on May 11, 2018.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey's polymer markets deadlocked as lira’s freefall shatters all records
- Homo-PP downturn in full swing in China
- Bearish pressure mounts on SE Asian PE markets
- Oil faces demand pressure from renewed Covid-19 fears
- Europe PET market hovers around a decade-high, Asia stumbles
- Turkey's import PE market set to reverse course in December
- Sentiment in China PP, PE markets turns bearish again
- Taiwanese major’s Dec PVC price cuts deeper than expected
- Egypt’s PP, PE prices see corrections as buyers resist firm offers
- Nov hikes send Europe’s PE markets to multi-month highs