US announces preliminary ADD decision on PET imports
Accordingly, the Department of Commerce affirmed that the exporters from China, India, Korea, and Taiwan have sold their products at less than fair value.
As a result of the aforementioned decision, the department calculated a preliminary dumping rate in the range of 2.66%-170.92% for China, 0.66%-15.66% for India, 0%-45.23% for South Korea and 0%-48.86% for Taiwan, depending on the company. Based on these preliminary rates, the U.S. Customs and Border Protection is expected to collect cash deposits.
The Commerce will announce its final determinations on May 11, 2018.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Spot ethylene markets rally on diminishing supply in Asia, Europe
- Will European PP markets change direction after 3 months?
- Turkish PP, PE players leaving market for holiday with firm post-Eid expectations
- June PVC hikes exceed expectations in Asia, sustainability under discussion
- Import PS, ABS markets recover amid upstream gains in Egypt
- PP, PE markets on a slight uptrend in Indonesia despite Ramadan lull
- European PE hovers around 11-year low, is reversal near?
- US PVC prices bounce on heels of eased stock pressure
- China PP market volatile since its rebound in H1 April, is it the new normal?
- Taiwanese major’s June PVC pricing expected to reverse course after two months