US becomes top PVC exporter to Turkey in July, remains second in China
Following the US; Mexico and France ranked as the second and the third top exporters to Turkey in July with around 7,000 tons of PVC.
In the first seven months of 2017, Turkey’s total PVC imports from the US climbed by 20% on a year over year basis to around 63,000 tons. However, France stood at the top of Turkey’s PVC suppliers list for the January-July period with 74,000 tons, according to data.
You can track Turkey’s imports on a monthly/yearly and cumulative basis by country and by product .
Looking at China’s import statistics for July, the country’s PVC imports from the US were 7.3% higher from June to reach almost 14,000 tons. Despite this increase, the US ranked as the second top supplier to China for the second month in a row. In June and July, Taiwan was the top PVC supplier of China with around 25,000 tons and 23,000 tons, respectively.
In the January-July period of 2017, however, the US maintained its place at the top of China’s PVC import list with 163,000 tons, which shows a 5.7% increase on a year over year basis.
You can track China’s imports on a monthly/yearly and cumulative basis by country and by product .
In the meantime, the force majeures on PVC supplies from OxyVinyls, Formosa Plastics and Mexichem’s US plants reportedly remained in place by the time of press. The producers had declared force majeure on their PVC supplies last week due to production disruptions in the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey. Given these force majeures along with Harvey-related logistics issues, players mostly concur that PVC supplies from the US might be limited in the near term.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET bottle fails to salve pandemic wounds; challenges mount as autumn begins
- Can LDPE uptrend hold in Asia?
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness