US consumer confidence hits highest level in fifteen years
The consumer confidence index rose by 4.3% to 113.7 in December and beat the economists’ forecasts which called for the index to stand at 105.5. The rise was attributed to the increase in expectations for business, income and employment in the next six months. Expectations for business conditions climbed by 23.6% and the percentage of those who predicts more jobs were up by 5.9%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will European PP, PE markets take a break from firming trend in June?
- US PE prices move down on weak appetite from export markets
- Further price cuts in Vietnam’s PP market fail to revive demand
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe