US economic growth slows to 1.5% in Q3
The deceleration in the economy stemmed from weaker private inventories and a slowdown in exports, consumption and state and local government spending. Some economists commented that weaker inventories, a stronger dollar and sluggish global growth are weighing down the U.S. economy.
On October 28, the US Federal Reserve (Fed) held its interest rates steady due to weakening job gains in the last two months and the slowing economy while it signaled that a rate hike could be coming in December.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem