US factory orders rise to 10-month high in Jan
The data revealed that orders for motor vehicles and parts increased 3% in January while orders for non-defense capital goods excluding aircraft rose 3.9% following an upwardly revised decline of 3.7% in December.
Meanwhile, shipments of core capital goods fell 0.4% in January while inventories of factory goods dropped 0.1% after rising for the first time in five months in December.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers