US factory orders up for 7th straight month in Nov
Transportation equipment led the increase with a monthly gain of 2.1% while orders for nondurable goods saw a smaller increase of 1.1% in November.
Shipments of manufactured durable goods were also up by 0.3% to $422.8 billion in November. Data further showed that inventories of the manufactured goods increased by 0.9% to $426.5 billion in the same month following a 0.3% increase in October.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- African PE, PP markets extend slide into May
- Asian PS, ABS markets at 2½-3-year lows amid Chinese oversupply
- India’s Q1 PVC imports hit record-high; did buyers rush to stock up before expected restrictions?
- LDPE prices move below LLDPE, HDPE on global lethargy
- Slide deepens in Middle Eastern PP, PE markets through May
- Oil prices down for fourth straight week, delicate balance ahead
- European ABS under pressure from aggressive imports, PS holds firm
- Türkiye witnesses plentiful PE offers amid globally weak demand
- India PP, PE markets’ slump extends into third month ahead of monsoon
- PP sellers trim May offers further, prices hit 3-month low in Europe