US housing starts edge up in September
Construction of single-family houses increased 1.1% year over year to 646,000 units from 639,000 posted in the previous month, while starts for multifamily houses jumped 16.7% to an annual rate of 371,000. Within the region, housing starts in the Northeast rose 5.5% while starts were up 4.2% and 3.5% in the South and West, respectively.
Meanwhile, building permits in the US also climbed 1.5% to reach a 1.02 million annualized pace in September, pointing to a stably increasing trend in the construction sector.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Further price cuts in Vietnam’s PP market fail to revive demand
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs