US housing starts, permits continue to fall in Jan
Meanwhile, building permits, an indicator of future construction, edged down 0.2% to an annualized pace of 1.202 million units in January. The decline occurred due to a fall of 1.6% in permits for single-family houses while permits for volatile multi-family houses climbed 2.1% in January.
Construction starts on single-family houses fell 3.9% to an annualized pace of 731,000 units from December while housing starts for multi-family houses declined 3.7% to an annual pace of 368,000 units.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe