US housing starts up, building permits down in March
The data showed that housing starts for single-family houses rose 4.4% while starts for multi-family houses fell 2.5% in March. Across the country, housing starts dipped 19.3% in the West and fell 3.5% in the South.
Meanwhile, building permits declined 5.7% to 1.04 million units in March, posting the biggest decline since May 2014. Single family permits rose 2.1% while permits for multi-family houses slumped 15.9% in the last month.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount