US housing starts up on month, down on year in Oct
However, the latest reading was 2.9% below the September rate of 1,265,000, while the single‐family housing starts in October were 1.8% lower than September at 865,000 units.
In October, building permits were at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 1,263,000, down by 0.6% from the revised September rate of 1,270,000 and lower by 6% year-on-year. Single‐family authorizations in October were also 0.6% below the revised September figure of 849,000.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Türkiye’s PP and PE markets extend losses into June, liquidity issues persist
- PP, PE already back to 2020 lows in China; prices poised for further drops
- Local PE prices remain bearish, nearing multi-year lows across SE Asia
- European PP, PE buyers sideline ahead of further drops in June
- China’s April PE imports fall to around 1 million tons, lowest since 2018
- Vietnam’s polymer markets buckle under an influx of Chinese cargoes
- Divergence grows between Egypt’s import and local PP, PE markets
- PP markets in China, Vietnam hit 3-year lows, readying to test new lows
- African PE, PP markets extend slide into May
- Asian PS, ABS markets at 2½-3-year lows amid Chinese oversupply