US industrial output tops estimates in June
The increase was attributed to higher production in the mining and utilities sectors, which rose 1% and 1.5%, respectively. Manufacturing output remained unchanged while auto and auto parts production declined by 3.7% in June.
Meanwhile, the Fed also reported that the country’s capacity utilization rate increased to 78.4% in June from an upwardly revised rate of 78.2% in the previous month. Wall Street Journal economists’ expected the country’s June capacity utilization rate to increase to 78.1%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia