US industrial production declines 0.2% in October
Manufacturing output, however, climbed 0.4% while production of automotive parts rose 0.8% from a month earlier. However, utilities output fell 2.5% in October due to a decrease in output from electric utilities.
The report also showed that US industrial capacity utilization fell 0.2% to 77.5% in October from a revised rate of 77.7% in September in line with economists’ forecast which called for a capacity utilization of 77.5%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open post-Eid period with a cautious tone
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?