US industrial production declines 0.2% in October
Manufacturing output, however, climbed 0.4% while production of automotive parts rose 0.8% from a month earlier. However, utilities output fell 2.5% in October due to a decrease in output from electric utilities.
The report also showed that US industrial capacity utilization fell 0.2% to 77.5% in October from a revised rate of 77.7% in September in line with economists’ forecast which called for a capacity utilization of 77.5%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Export PVC prices out of China provide competitive edge
- European PP, PE set for 6th bullish month, is peak near?
- Caution reigns China PP market amid scant demand, low import supply
- Major producer leads way in higher April PP, PE pricing in Saudi Arabia
- European PVC set to rise for 11th month in April
- Suez Canal blockage: Global shipping faces another challenge
- Aggressive PP offers from China continue to find way to Turkey, Vietnam
- Stats: China’s total PE imports in Jan-Feb hit fresh record high
- PVC buyers’ resistance to sharp April hikes grows in SE Asia
- European PS sentiment cools off on styrene correction; ABS remains unfazed