US industrial production edges down 0.2% in Sept
Manufacturing output slid 0.1% while utilities output also fell 1.3% in September after increasing 1.3% in the preceding month.
The report also showed that US industrial capacity utilization fell 0.3% to 77.5% in September from a revised rate of 77.8% in August. The capacity utilization rate in the manufacturing and mining sectors fell to 75.9% and 81.9%, respectively, while capacity utilization in the utilities sector climbed to 79.8% in September.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount
- Bearish trend persists in July for PP, PE in Mid-East, Africa
- Vietnam’s PE market sees first hike attempts after two months