US industrial production growth stumbles in November
The data showed that the increase was mainly driven by the upsurge in mining output at 2% in November after a decrease of 0.6% in October. However, the country’s utilities output fell by 1.9% in November from an increase of 2% in the previous month.
The data also showed that the manufacturing output rose for the third consecutive month by 0.2% in November while the capacity utilization edged up to 77.1%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand
- Asian spot naphtha prices pull back from multi-month highs