US industrial production rebounds in September
The data revealed that the increase mainly stemmed from a 1.5% rise in utilities output. Mining output also rose by 0.4% while industrial production fell by 1.5% due to the lasting impacts of Hurricane Harvey and Irma.
The data also revealed that capacity utilization for the industrial sector increased to 76% in September from a revised 75.8% in August while capacity utilization in the manufacturing sector remained stable at 75.1%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey's polymer markets deadlocked as lira’s freefall shatters all records
- Homo-PP downturn in full swing in China
- Bearish pressure mounts on SE Asian PE markets
- Oil faces demand pressure from renewed Covid-19 fears
- Europe PET market hovers around a decade-high, Asia stumbles
- Turkey's import PE market set to reverse course in December
- Sentiment in China PP, PE markets turns bearish again
- Taiwanese major’s Dec PVC price cuts deeper than expected
- Egypt’s PP, PE prices see corrections as buyers resist firm offers
- Nov hikes send Europe’s PE markets to multi-month highs