US industrial production rebounds in September
The data revealed that the increase mainly stemmed from a 1.5% rise in utilities output. Mining output also rose by 0.4% while industrial production fell by 1.5% due to the lasting impacts of Hurricane Harvey and Irma.
The data also revealed that capacity utilization for the industrial sector increased to 76% in September from a revised 75.8% in August while capacity utilization in the manufacturing sector remained stable at 75.1%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- India’s import PP, PE markets rebound in Jan after several months of declines
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops
- Tight supply keeps expectations bullish in Turkey’s PVC market