US industrial production up for 5th consecutive month in June
The data showed that the country’s mining output rose by 1.6% in June following an increase of 1.9% in May and the manufacturing output was up by 0.2% following a drop of 0.4% in the previous month
The data also showed that capacity utilization in the industrial sector rose to 76.6% in June from a revised fall of 76.4% in the previous month. However, it was expected to increase to 76.7% in June. The capacity utilization in manufacturing sector also rose to 75.4.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns