US industrial production up for 5th consecutive month in June
The data showed that the country’s mining output rose by 1.6% in June following an increase of 1.9% in May and the manufacturing output was up by 0.2% following a drop of 0.4% in the previous month
The data also showed that capacity utilization in the industrial sector rose to 76.6% in June from a revised fall of 76.4% in the previous month. However, it was expected to increase to 76.7% in June. The capacity utilization in manufacturing sector also rose to 75.4.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF
- Asian PVC players brace for 7th straight monthly hike in Taiwanese major’s delayed Dec offers
- Saudi major seeks hikes for November in global PE, PP markets
- Bullish sentiment for PE cools off across globe, LD remains resilient
- Bullish run for PVC enters 6th month in Turkey: Supply relief under question