US industrial production up for 5th consecutive month in June
The data showed that the country’s mining output rose by 1.6% in June following an increase of 1.9% in May and the manufacturing output was up by 0.2% following a drop of 0.4% in the previous month
The data also showed that capacity utilization in the industrial sector rose to 76.6% in June from a revised fall of 76.4% in the previous month. However, it was expected to increase to 76.7% in June. The capacity utilization in manufacturing sector also rose to 75.4.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years
- SEA cracker outages and lack of deep-sea cargoes underpin olefin prices in Asia
- US origin hammers import PVC prices into Asia
- China PE markets stay bearish with import prices below new thresholds