US manufacturing PMI improves in September: Markit
In spite of the fact that US manufacturing activities showed some improvement in September, the country is still facing some economic headwinds, including a stronger dollar and weak global demand stemming from the slow recovery in the global economy as well as the persistent deceleration in China. According to Markit, the US manufacturing sector showed its worst performance for two years during the third quarter.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market extends drops on competitive US cargos, lukewarm demand
- Vietnam’s import PP raffia market hits lowest since late 2016
- Spot styrene prices in Europe find mild support from upcoming turnarounds
- Export PET prices from China signal stabilization after 6 weeks of declines
- SEA PE market remains under pressure from flood of competitive US offers
- PS markets plunge to 3-year low in China, SEA
- Yuan devaluation sends import LLDPE, HDPE back to 10-year low in China
- PET markets hit two-year low in China, SEA
- Naphtha hits lowest of 2 years in Europe, 8 months in Asia; eyes on oil
- Downturn halts in Europe’s PP, PE and PVC markets ahead of holidays