US manufacturing increases 0.2% in Oct
However, motor vehicle output was down 1.2% for a third consecutive month in October after decreasing 1.9% in the previous month. The country’s mining output decreased 0.9% in the last month while utilities production also fell 0.7% in October. The increase in the country’s manufacturing was overshadowed by these declines and the country’s overall industrial production fell 0.1% after a gain of 0.8% posted in September and overall capacity utilization declined to 78.9% from 79.2% in September.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high
- Stats: China’s cumulative PP imports in Jan-July 2020 reach record-high