US manufacturing increases 0.2% in Oct
However, motor vehicle output was down 1.2% for a third consecutive month in October after decreasing 1.9% in the previous month. The country’s mining output decreased 0.9% in the last month while utilities production also fell 0.7% in October. The increase in the country’s manufacturing was overshadowed by these declines and the country’s overall industrial production fell 0.1% after a gain of 0.8% posted in September and overall capacity utilization declined to 78.9% from 79.2% in September.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- US PE prices move down on weak appetite from export markets
- Further price cuts in Vietnam’s PP market fail to revive demand
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets