US manufacturing remains steady in Jan: Markit
According to a different report released by the US Institute for Supply Management (ISM), the country’s manufacturing growth slowed to a reading of 53.5 in January from a reading of 55.5 in the preceding month. Analysts’ initial estimates called for a decline to a reading of 54.5 in January. The report showed that the new orders index decreased to a reading of 52.9 while the production index retreated a reading of 56.5 in January.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets