US manufacturing remains steady in Jan: Markit
According to a different report released by the US Institute for Supply Management (ISM), the country’s manufacturing growth slowed to a reading of 53.5 in January from a reading of 55.5 in the preceding month. Analysts’ initial estimates called for a decline to a reading of 54.5 in January. The report showed that the new orders index decreased to a reading of 52.9 while the production index retreated a reading of 56.5 in January.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ethylene heads south, propylene yet to follow
- Early reactions to Turkey’s dumping case on Saudi Arabian LDPE
- October PET deals concluded with moderate increases in Europe
- Will it be supply or demand to set PP, PE outlook in Europe?
- Premium of HDPE over LLDPE hits 16-month high in Turkey
- Post-holiday hikes carry China homo-PP market to 1-year high
- Asia PVC markets see longest rising streak ever on extreme tightness
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets move up, but riddled with uncertainties