US manufacturing remains steady in Jan: Markit
According to a different report released by the US Institute for Supply Management (ISM), the country’s manufacturing growth slowed to a reading of 53.5 in January from a reading of 55.5 in the preceding month. Analysts’ initial estimates called for a decline to a reading of 54.5 in January. The report showed that the new orders index decreased to a reading of 52.9 while the production index retreated a reading of 56.5 in January.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Upward trend gains momentum in China's import PP, PE markets
- Egypt’s import PVC market in short supply; local prices gear up
- December hints at further hikes in Europe’s PS, ABS markets
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF