US new home sales continue to rise in March
New home sales climbed by 5.8% on a monthly basis to 621,000 units in March after a revised 587,000 in February and beat the economists’ estimates of a drop to 585,000. New home sales were also up by 15.6% on a yearly basis.
The jump in home sales in the third month of the year was mainly driven by a rise in home sales in the Northeast and the West, where sales posted respective increases of 25.8% and 16.7%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect