US new home sales edge lower in January
Across the country, new home sales in the Northeast decreased 51.5% to a record low while sales in the South rose 2.2% to post the highest level since May, 2008. New home sales increased 19.2% in the Midwest while they slipped 0.8% in the West.
On a yearly basis, the country’s new home sales climbed 5.3% in January.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian polymer markets unfazed by crude oil rally
- India’s polymer demand slowly heals pandemic-inflicted wounds
- LDPE faces a tougher slog in Asia, Europe still on a tear
- Weakness extends to June in Saudi Arabian PP, PE markets
- European PP signals stabilization after 7 months of hikes
- Turkish plastic recycling market in deadlock–solution awaited on import waste ban
- Asia PVC markets decline to 3-month low as downturn fueled by June announcements
- Limited demand leads to further PP, PE declines in China; LDPE hits 6-month low
- African PP, PE markets soften into June
- European PS, ABS under pressure from upstream markets