US new home sales move higher in December
US new home sales increased 11.6% to reach a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 481,000 units in December compared to downwardly revised figure of 431,000 units in November. Economists’ initial estimates called for a pace of 450,000 units in December, according to a survey conducted by Reuters.
For the entire year of 2014, US new home sales reached 435,000 units compared with 429,000 in 2013.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ethylene heads south, propylene yet to follow
- Early reactions to Turkey’s dumping case on Saudi Arabian LDPE
- October PET deals concluded with moderate increases in Europe
- Will it be supply or demand to set PP, PE outlook in Europe?
- Premium of HDPE over LLDPE hits 16-month high in Turkey
- Post-holiday hikes carry China homo-PP market to 1-year high
- Asia PVC markets see longest rising streak ever on extreme tightness
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets move up, but riddled with uncertainties