US new home sales recover in Jan
New home sales climbed by 3.7% on a yearly basis to 555,000 units in January after a drop of 7% in December. However, they still stood below the economists’ estimates of an increase of 7.5%.
Analysts remarked that the rebound in home sales at the start of the year stemmed from the sharp rise in home sales in Northeast and Midwest, where sales posted respective increases of 15.8% and 14.8%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Rising energy and feedstock prices prompt further gains in Asia PET markets
- Upward trend gains momentum in China's import PP, PE markets
- Egypt’s import PVC market in short supply; local prices gear up
- December hints at further hikes in Europe’s PS, ABS markets
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs