US new home sales recover in Jan
New home sales climbed by 3.7% on a yearly basis to 555,000 units in January after a drop of 7% in December. However, they still stood below the economists’ estimates of an increase of 7.5%.
Analysts remarked that the rebound in home sales at the start of the year stemmed from the sharp rise in home sales in Northeast and Midwest, where sales posted respective increases of 15.8% and 14.8%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open post-Eid period with a cautious tone
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?