US new homes sales edge up in Oct
The US new home sales rose 0.7% to reach a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 458,000 in October, posting the highest level since May after the downward revision of September’s sales to 455,000 units from 467,000 units. On a yearly basis, new sales rose 1.8% in October.
Across the regions, meanwhile, sales increased in the Midwest and Northeast by 15.8% and 7.1%, respectively while new home sales were down in the South by 1.9% and the West by 2.7% in October.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June