US new homes sales surge to ten-year high in October
New home sales increased by 6.2% on a monthly basis to 685,000 units in October after a revised 645,000 in September, defying the economists’ expectations of a decrease to 625,000.
The unexpected surge in new home sales was mainly driven by an increase in home sales in the Northeast, where sales posted a rise of 30.2%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high
- Stats: China’s cumulative PP imports in Jan-July 2020 reach record-high
- Sept PP, PE trend begins to take shape in Saudi Arabia
- Sept expectations voiced in Europe; ABS draws rosier picture than PS