US new homes sales surge to ten-year high in October
New home sales increased by 6.2% on a monthly basis to 685,000 units in October after a revised 645,000 in September, defying the economists’ expectations of a decrease to 625,000.
The unexpected surge in new home sales was mainly driven by an increase in home sales in the Northeast, where sales posted a rise of 30.2%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asia’s PS, ABS markets reach multi-month highs on cost support
- LDPE sees larger gains on elusive supply in Europe
- Türkiye’s polymer markets in flux amid bullish costs, lackluster demand
- China’s import PE prices resume uptrend on ongoing cost support
- Liquidity concerns keep India’s PP, PE markets on edge
- Buyer resistance counterbalances cost pressure in China’s PE markets
- Türkiye’s PE market up in Sept as limited quotas offset muted demand
- Crude oil rally keeps China’s PP markets firm
- Europe’s PVC rebounds from nearly 3-year lows, is it a dead-cat bounce?
- Indian players see PVC prices falling further ahead