US retail sales beat estimates in May
Data from the US Commerce Department revealed that retail sales increased 0.5% in May while sales in April were up 1.3%. US car sales climbed 0.5% and sales from clothing shops rose 0.8% while online retail sales increased 1.3%. Analysts said that the data shows that consumption is starting to return to normal levels in the country.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Polymer markets set to brace for higher freight rates
- Rising supply dents Jan PE outlook in Philippines as prices plunge to 11-year low
- China’s local PVC market supported by firmer futures, tightness
- PP, PE markets in Mid-East, Africa set to remain weak into 2020
- A new game-changer in Europe’s PE market: US imports
- Turkey’s PE, PP markets close November on weak footing, eyes on Plast Eurasia
- Jan expectations take shape amid opposing factors in Asian PVC markets
- Initial Dec PE, PP offers add to bearishness in China, SEA
- PP raffia downtrend shows no signs of easing in Vietnam
- European PS, ABS markets brace for further drops in Dec