US retail sales beat estimates in May
Data from the US Commerce Department revealed that retail sales increased 0.5% in May while sales in April were up 1.3%. US car sales climbed 0.5% and sales from clothing shops rose 0.8% while online retail sales increased 1.3%. Analysts said that the data shows that consumption is starting to return to normal levels in the country.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Indonesia’s PE, PP markets remain strong despite softer sentiment in China
- PET prices weaken further in Asia and Mediterranean
- Vietnam PP market yet to respond to faltering upturn in China
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike