US retail sales miss estimates in June
The data showed that apart from sales at electronic stores and gas stations, almost all segments reported lower retail sales in June. Retail sales at gas stations rose 0.8% while sales at electronic stores posted the biggest increase since last September, rising by 1% in June. The data also revealed that retail sales at restaurants and bars declined 0.2%, the most since January 2014, while sales at building materials and garden supplies stores fell 1.6% in June, which was also the largest decline since January 2014.
On a yearly basis, however, US retail sales posted an increase of 1.4% in June compared with the same month of 2014.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East