US retail sales miss estimates in June
The data showed that apart from sales at electronic stores and gas stations, almost all segments reported lower retail sales in June. Retail sales at gas stations rose 0.8% while sales at electronic stores posted the biggest increase since last September, rising by 1% in June. The data also revealed that retail sales at restaurants and bars declined 0.2%, the most since January 2014, while sales at building materials and garden supplies stores fell 1.6% in June, which was also the largest decline since January 2014.
On a yearly basis, however, US retail sales posted an increase of 1.4% in June compared with the same month of 2014.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount