US retail sales rebound in March
Automobile sales increased 2.7% to post the largest increase since March 2014 while sales at clothing stores rose 1.2% in March. Sales for building materials and garden equipment posted their biggest gain since July 2013 with an increase of 2.1%. However, sales for electronics and appliances declined.
Analysts commented that the upturn in US retail sales may offset fears of sustained weakness stemming from consecutive declines in the preceding months.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount
- Bearish trend persists in July for PP, PE in Mid-East, Africa
- Vietnam’s PE market sees first hike attempts after two months