US service sector PMI surges in October
Previously, Markit’s reading of manufacturing PMI had increased to a reading of 53.2 in October.
The recent upturn in business activity was attributed to strong domestic economic conditions and increased spending by customers.
Markit chief economist, Chris Williamson commented that increasing new orders in October reported by the surveys could signal the biggest increase on a monthly basis in nearly one year in business activity.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Europe’s PE markets under pressure from rising supplies
- PP demand fares better than PE in Turkey
- Taiwanese major poised to come lower for a 3rd month to Asian PVC markets
- Covid concerns loom large in China, hitting demand and supply-chain
- Egypt’s PVC markets extend drops into January
- SE Asian PP, PE markets look for direction amid tepid demand, rising freights
- European PS, ABS markets open 2022 on firm footing
- Asia PET prices extend gains into January
- China’s PVC exports hit records in 2021; challenge global suppliers
- Stats: Turkey’s PP, PE imports on track for record-setting year