US service sector PMI surges in October
Previously, Markit’s reading of manufacturing PMI had increased to a reading of 53.2 in October.
The recent upturn in business activity was attributed to strong domestic economic conditions and increased spending by customers.
Markit chief economist, Chris Williamson commented that increasing new orders in October reported by the surveys could signal the biggest increase on a monthly basis in nearly one year in business activity.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET sellers hunt for signs of market bottom in Europe
- India’s import PP, PE markets rebound in Jan after several months of declines
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops