US spot ethylene posts sharp decrease
The decline was attributed to the possibility of LyondellBasell’s resuming its production at Corpus Christi, Texas following a large-scale maintenance, sources said. LyondellBasell had shut its cracker for capacity expansion at Corpus Christi in mid-November and postponed its restart to December 17.
According to ChemOrbis Production News, OxyChem also expects to finish the start-up procedure of its joint-venture ethane cracker with Mexichem in Ingleside, Texas by mid-January and expects ethylene production in Q1 2017.
Formosa Plastics is also set to start up its new cracker at Point Comfort, TX in Q1, 2017.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey shattered as PP prices shoot up to surreal levels
- Polymer markets face one of most chaotic times
- Turnaround season set to get underway in Asia
- Crude oil heals COVID-inflicted wounds; now what lies ahead?
- Global shipping turmoil deepens, adding to the upheaval in plastic resins
- China’s post-holiday polymer outlook supported by supply limitations, crude oil
- US PE exports hit record high for 2020 despite production and logistics hurdles
- African PP, PE markets firmer on continued tightness in supplies
- Lack of sales pressure supports SEA PE markets
- Will soaring prices attract PP, PE imports to Europe?