US spot ethylene posts sharp decrease
The decline was attributed to the possibility of LyondellBasell’s resuming its production at Corpus Christi, Texas following a large-scale maintenance, sources said. LyondellBasell had shut its cracker for capacity expansion at Corpus Christi in mid-November and postponed its restart to December 17.
According to ChemOrbis Production News, OxyChem also expects to finish the start-up procedure of its joint-venture ethane cracker with Mexichem in Ingleside, Texas by mid-January and expects ethylene production in Q1 2017.
Formosa Plastics is also set to start up its new cracker at Point Comfort, TX in Q1, 2017.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion