US spot ethylene posts sharp decrease
The decline was attributed to the possibility of LyondellBasell’s resuming its production at Corpus Christi, Texas following a large-scale maintenance, sources said. LyondellBasell had shut its cracker for capacity expansion at Corpus Christi in mid-November and postponed its restart to December 17.
According to ChemOrbis Production News, OxyChem also expects to finish the start-up procedure of its joint-venture ethane cracker with Mexichem in Ingleside, Texas by mid-January and expects ethylene production in Q1 2017.
Formosa Plastics is also set to start up its new cracker at Point Comfort, TX in Q1, 2017.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Crude at multi-year highs contributes to a perfect storm in polymers
- An enduring challenge: Unprecedented times in PVC markets
- Saudi major opts for firm Oct pricing in both local and export polyolefin markets
- Coal prices hit record highs in China with knock-on effects for PP, PVC markets
- European PP players foresee stability for Oct despite higher propylene
- Vietnam PP prices propelled by bullish China market, improved demand outlook
- Asian PVC markets shaken by fresh round of sharp hikes; prices reach new highs
- Higher costs, rising demand carry import LDPE prices to a 5-month high in China
- SE Asian PP lifted by supportive supply-demand fundamentals
- European PVC loses premium over global markets; Oct calls for hikes