US styrene set to hit Europe through arbitrage window
According to the weekly average prices on ChemOrbis Price Wizard, spot styrene prices on FOB NWE basis are currently carrying a premium of around $125/ton against the US market. Data also reveal that Europe’s premium over US climbed by around $60/ton from last week.
Players report that a notable amount of styrene from the US is set to arrive at European ports in the second half of April. “Despite the awaited arrival of US cargoes and weak fundamentals in the regional PS and ABS markets, spot styrene prices in Europe continue to follow a firm path,” a few traders opined.
In Europe’s spot naphtha market, prices have maintained their rising trend recently owing to bullish crude oil futures. According to data from ChemOrbis Price Index, the weekly average of spot naphtha prices is currently hovering around its highest level since November 2014.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Initial June PE offers to SEA signal firming despite buyers’ resistance
- Firming in ethylene lags behind propylene in Europe
- PET rally stalls in China after prices hit four-and-half-year high
- Asian PS retains firming path on supportive upstream
- June PE outlook under discussion in Europe
- Taiwanese major lowers June PVC offers to Asia despite firm China
- Local PP markets cautiously firmer in Vietnam, Indonesia
- Global ethylene prices continue to defy energy rally
- China’s import polyolefin markets up on soaring crude, futures
- Step-back from initial rollover attempts for ABS in Europe