US styrene set to hit Europe through arbitrage window
According to the weekly average prices on ChemOrbis Price Wizard, spot styrene prices on FOB NWE basis are currently carrying a premium of around $125/ton against the US market. Data also reveal that Europe’s premium over US climbed by around $60/ton from last week.
Players report that a notable amount of styrene from the US is set to arrive at European ports in the second half of April. “Despite the awaited arrival of US cargoes and weak fundamentals in the regional PS and ABS markets, spot styrene prices in Europe continue to follow a firm path,” a few traders opined.
In Europe’s spot naphtha market, prices have maintained their rising trend recently owing to bullish crude oil futures. According to data from ChemOrbis Price Index, the weekly average of spot naphtha prices is currently hovering around its highest level since November 2014.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s stormy week: Hike attempts emerge after 4 months in PP, PE markets
- PVC markets fail to extend gains to Oct on economic woes, low demand in Asia
- Sentiment cautiously rebounds in Asian PP, PE markets
- Asian monomer markets react after crude oil surge
- September hikes meet resistance for ABS in Europe
- Turkey’s import PP market slumps to 3-year low on supply glut, low demand
- Import PVC demand dampened in Europe, Turkey; will it improve in H2?
- Chinese PET producers attempt for hikes first time since July
- Uptrend in spot styrene prices curtailed in Asia
- Spot LDPE, LLDPE prices hit a decade low in Italy