US trade deficit expands unexpectedly in August
Exports of goods and services rose 0.8% month on month to $187.85 billion in August while imports of goods and services posted a monthly increase of 1.2% to reach $228.58 billion.
It is reported that the US’ exports to China, the European Union, and the United Kingdom were up 2.6%, 1.2%, and 2.4%, respectively while the US imports’ from China rose 9.5%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ethylene-naphtha spread at almost 7-year low
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand