Unexpected shutdowns at Lotte Chemical Titan
The sudden shutdown of the company’s HDPE (Unipol) plant took place last Thursday and if the plant failed to be restarted by the end of this week, the company plans to suspend export of HDPE particular film grade, commented the source.
Lotte Chemical Titan Malaysia will shut its 230,000 tons/year LDPE plant from February 6, 2017 to February 27, 2017 and within the same month, the company’s 1.08 million tons/year cracker will be offline for 45 days to be followed by 220,000 tons/year HDPE (Unipol) plant on March 2, 2017 for 15 days.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years
- SEA cracker outages and lack of deep-sea cargoes underpin olefin prices in Asia
- US origin hammers import PVC prices into Asia