Unipar Carbocloro acquires PVC maker Solvay Indupa
Solvay Indupa has a PVC production capacity of 220,000 tons/year in Bahia Blanca, Argentina and 290,000 tons/year in Santo Andre, Brazil, sources said.
Brazilian petrochemical company Braskem had previously agreed to buy the stake for $290 million in 2013. However, the offer had later been rejected by Argentina’s state regulator.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Taiwanese major poised to come lower for a 3rd month to Asian PVC markets
- Covid concerns loom large in China, hitting demand and supply-chain
- Egypt’s PVC markets extend drops into January
- SE Asian PP, PE markets look for direction amid tepid demand, rising freights
- European PS, ABS markets open 2022 on firm footing
- Asia PET prices extend gains into January
- China’s PVC exports hit records in 2021; challenge global suppliers
- Stats: Turkey’s PP, PE imports on track for record-setting year
- What to watch in 2022 in polymer markets?
- Turkey’s PE markets retain downtrend as 2021 ends