Unipetrol shuts all petrochemical production in Litvoniv
The steam cracker at the site was shut following an explosion and fire stemming from a propylene leakage. The other polymer units were subsequently shut due to an additional fire at the site.
The cracker at the site has a production capacity of 544,000 tons/year of ethylene while the other units are able to produce 320,000 tons/year of HDPE and 290,000 tons/year of PP.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops