Upcoming PTA restarts in Asia
China’s Zhejiang Yisheng Petrochemical’s 2 million tons/year PTA plant at Hainan is expected to resume operations on October 20 while the company is also planning to suspend production at its PTA unit at Dalian in December for maintenance. The unit is able to produce 3.75 million tons/year and it is expected to be offline for around two to three weeks.. Sources stated that the company’s 650,000 tons/year No. 1 PTA plant in Ningbo has been offline since 2012 due to weak market conditions.
Meanwhile, China’s Hengli Petrochemical may restart its new 2.2 million tons/year No. 3 PTA plant at Dalian on October 18 after a two-week maintenance. The company shut the plant on October 5.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets move up, but riddled with uncertainties
- India, SEA PVC markets unlikely to take respite from bullish run for November
- Southeast Asia PET markets move sideways during China’s absence
- Egypt’s import PE market up on tight supply, domestic offers follow suit
- Will European PS, ABS track divergent paths for another month?
- Turkey PP and PE regain premium over China, LDPE fails to make a sprint
- Strong netbacks and demand trigger exodus of PVC from China to export markets
- China PE market continues to see downward corrections amid impending holiday