Upcoming PTA restarts in Asia
China’s Zhejiang Yisheng Petrochemical’s 2 million tons/year PTA plant at Hainan is expected to resume operations on October 20 while the company is also planning to suspend production at its PTA unit at Dalian in December for maintenance. The unit is able to produce 3.75 million tons/year and it is expected to be offline for around two to three weeks.. Sources stated that the company’s 650,000 tons/year No. 1 PTA plant in Ningbo has been offline since 2012 due to weak market conditions.
Meanwhile, China’s Hengli Petrochemical may restart its new 2.2 million tons/year No. 3 PTA plant at Dalian on October 18 after a two-week maintenance. The company shut the plant on October 5.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets