Upcoming PTA restarts in Asia
China’s Zhejiang Yisheng Petrochemical’s 2 million tons/year PTA plant at Hainan is expected to resume operations on October 20 while the company is also planning to suspend production at its PTA unit at Dalian in December for maintenance. The unit is able to produce 3.75 million tons/year and it is expected to be offline for around two to three weeks.. Sources stated that the company’s 650,000 tons/year No. 1 PTA plant in Ningbo has been offline since 2012 due to weak market conditions.
Meanwhile, China’s Hengli Petrochemical may restart its new 2.2 million tons/year No. 3 PTA plant at Dalian on October 18 after a two-week maintenance. The company shut the plant on October 5.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open post-Eid period with a cautious tone
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?