Update on Thai PTT’s PE shutdowns in 2017
The company postponed the maintenance of its 400,000 tons/year LLDPE plant to June 2017 and the maintenance work is expected to last for 20 days.
The company is planning to shut its 250,000 tons/year No 1 HDPE line in September for 15 days, its 300,000 tons/year No 2 HDPE line from August to September 2017 for 15 days and its 250,000 tons/year No 3 HDPE line in May 2017 for 15 days.
The company did not change the schedule of the maintenance on its 300,000 tons/year LDPE plant, which is expected to start in March 2017 and last for 15 days.
Meanwhile, the company is also planning to shut its No 2 mixed-feed cracker from May to June 2017. The cracker with a capacity of 700,000 tons/year is expected remain offline for 40 days, sources said.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PP and PE markets set to rebound from two-year lows in Europe
- PET sellers hunt for signs of market bottom in Europe
- India’s import PP, PE markets rebound in Jan after several months of declines
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets