Update on Thai PTT’s cracker, PE maintenance shutdowns
Accordingly, the maintenance on the company’s 1 million tons/year ethane-fed cracker at Pa Daeng, which was initially planned to take place on March 8 for 18 days, was cancelled.
The company will also shut its 400,000 tons/year LLDPE line in March for 4 weeks due to a planned maintenance. The plant will also produce mLLDPE during the same period. The producer was previously planning to conduct this maintenance in June.
The LDPE maintenance at 300,000 tons/year plant will take place as planned before on March 22 for 12 days.
The company’s 250,000 tons/year HDPE line will be also shut in May due to maintenance for 15 days as initially planned. Plus, the company is planning to shut its other two HDPE lines with 250,000 tons/year and 300,000 tons/year in August-September period in line with plans.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Polymer demand takes a heavy knock from deepening COVID crisis in India
- Stats: Turkey’s polymer imports rise to fresh records in Q1
- HDPE set to reach a plateau in Europe, LDPE fares better
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback
- European PS on brink of a softer trend after 6 months
- Turkish PP and PE players voice bearish expectations for May
- China’s local homo-PP prices slide below imports