Update on Thai PTT’s cracker, PE maintenance shutdowns
Accordingly, the maintenance on the company’s 1 million tons/year ethane-fed cracker at Pa Daeng, which was initially planned to take place on March 8 for 18 days, was cancelled.
The company will also shut its 400,000 tons/year LLDPE line in March for 4 weeks due to a planned maintenance. The plant will also produce mLLDPE during the same period. The producer was previously planning to conduct this maintenance in June.
The LDPE maintenance at 300,000 tons/year plant will take place as planned before on March 22 for 12 days.
The company’s 250,000 tons/year HDPE line will be also shut in May due to maintenance for 15 days as initially planned. Plus, the company is planning to shut its other two HDPE lines with 250,000 tons/year and 300,000 tons/year in August-September period in line with plans.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian polymer markets unfazed by crude oil rally
- India’s polymer demand slowly heals pandemic-inflicted wounds
- LDPE faces a tougher slog in Asia, Europe still on a tear
- Weakness extends to June in Saudi Arabian PP, PE markets
- European PP signals stabilization after 7 months of hikes
- Turkish plastic recycling market in deadlock–solution awaited on import waste ban
- Asia PVC markets decline to 3-month low as downturn fueled by June announcements
- Limited demand leads to further PP, PE declines in China; LDPE hits 6-month low
- African PP, PE markets soften into June
- European PS, ABS under pressure from upstream markets