Update on Turkey’s custom duties for 2015
In line with the regulation made by the European Union (EU), China, Ecuador, the Maldives and Thailand were removed from the category of developing countries and included in the category of other countries. The custom duties for materials imported to Turkey from these countries has been increased to 6.5%.
The recent adjustment will mostly affect Thailand as China already has a special trade status under which the materials imported from this country have been subject to a customs duty of 6.5% for several years. According to ChemOrbis Import Statistics, in the first eleven months of 2014, Turkey imported 35,000 tons of polymers from Thailand, representing a decrease of 48% compared with the same period of 2013. HDPE comprised 43% of overall imports from this country while PS made up 31%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China HDPE market’s premium over LLDPE hits highest in a year
- Indian PVC players expect bullish trend to taper off for August
- Local PP, PE offers for July track global uptrend in Saudi Arabia
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions