Update on Turkey’s custom duties for 2015
In line with the regulation made by the European Union (EU), China, Ecuador, the Maldives and Thailand were removed from the category of developing countries and included in the category of other countries. The custom duties for materials imported to Turkey from these countries has been increased to 6.5%.
The recent adjustment will mostly affect Thailand as China already has a special trade status under which the materials imported from this country have been subject to a customs duty of 6.5% for several years. According to ChemOrbis Import Statistics, in the first eleven months of 2014, Turkey imported 35,000 tons of polymers from Thailand, representing a decrease of 48% compared with the same period of 2013. HDPE comprised 43% of overall imports from this country while PS made up 31%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey PP, PE markets propelled higher by shipping bottlenecks in Sept
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise on tightness in September
- Logistics snarls propel import PP, PE offers higher in Europe
- Import PVC prices near all-time highs in India, disparity with China/SEA grows
- PP, PE supplies rise in China; demand lags behind expectations despite peak season
- Stats: China’s July PE imports increase after 3 months of declines
- Will Asia’s PS markets follow ABS higher on cost support?
- Sept PET expectations diverge in shade of opposite factors in Europe