Update on Turkey’s custom duties for 2015
In line with the regulation made by the European Union (EU), China, Ecuador, the Maldives and Thailand were removed from the category of developing countries and included in the category of other countries. The custom duties for materials imported to Turkey from these countries has been increased to 6.5%.
The recent adjustment will mostly affect Thailand as China already has a special trade status under which the materials imported from this country have been subject to a customs duty of 6.5% for several years. According to ChemOrbis Import Statistics, in the first eleven months of 2014, Turkey imported 35,000 tons of polymers from Thailand, representing a decrease of 48% compared with the same period of 2013. HDPE comprised 43% of overall imports from this country while PS made up 31%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia